(VN972) Highways Operatives x4
Business Area: Highways Operatives
Vacancy Base: Plymouth
Contract Type: Permanent
South West Highways is a regional employer that maintains the friendly feel of a local business. A highway services and construction business with a highly trained workforce, which is our greatest asset, enabling us to operate a self delivery model.. As testament to our success, we have managed two of the longest running highway maintenance and repair contracts in the UK and are entrusted by private and public sector clients to deliver their vision for expanding capacity and improving local services.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
Working within a team of 2 or 4 to undertake all aspects of highways maintenance, construction and contract work i.e.. Drainage, Footways, Patching, Emergency Service and Winter Operations.
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
- Undertake footway works i.e. carriageway patching, drainage, masonry, emergency & highway tasks.
- Use of relevant plant & small tools (training provided).
- Provide general support & assistance to skilled and specialist operatives.
- Ensure care & cleanliness of all vehicles, tools, plant and equipment.
- Adhere to company health & Safety procedures and ensure all team members do likewise.
- Ensure the efficient use of stock & materials and control wastage
Formal qualifications required;
- A full Drivers Licence with HGV
- A valid CSCS card, 12D Traffic Management and Streetworks Card
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
Previous experience on working and delivering highways operations.
Good knowledge of the Plymouth area.
Need to be open, honest and hard working and able to work as part of a team. Able to talk to Customers and members of the public in a professional manner.
We understand that retaining and attracting the right people into our business is fundamental to maintaining the quality of service we provide to our clients and the wider public. We believe in empowering our employees and equipping them with the tools and training they need to be effective in their jobs, as well as enabling them to achieve their personal and professional goals. Our people are our strength and we believe passionately in investing in their future.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.