Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Rockbearne, Exeter
Contract Type: Permanent
South West Highways is a regional employer that maintains the friendly feel of a local business. A highway services and construction business with a highly trained workforce, which is our greatest asset, enabling us to operate a self delivery model.. As testament to our success, we have managed two of the longest running highway maintenance and repair contracts in the UK and are entrusted by private and public sector clients to deliver their vision for expanding capacity and improving local services.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
South West Highways
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
You would be responsible for managing the costs related (commercial) elements of the South West Highways build projects from initial projections to the final figures. Your broad aim will be to help get good value for money across for our clients, whilst still meeting the required quality and regulations.
- Manage the commercial processes to ensure that the department maximises its financial position.
- Provide contractual and commercial support where required, during the pre-construction phase and for all ongoing projects.
- When required, assist in the development of appropriate reporting systems and subsequently provide regular financial reports & information to the management.
- To prepare and agree interim valuations for works carried out.
- Prepare final accounts following completion of the works.
- Measure and agree value of subcontract packages and certify payments
- To monitor and reconcile project costs to suit the reporting timetable.
- Provide reports for, and attend financial meetings.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s procedures
- Hold a Degree in Quantity Surveying or RICS (ideal)
- Be conversant with the standard forms of construction contract (JCT)
- Background in Construction with a little Civils knowledge ideal
- Managed contracts to the value of £2million or greater
- Commercial experience within other sectors would be an advantage
- Hold a full driving licence
We understand that retaining and attracting the right people into our business is fundamental to maintaining the quality of service we provide to our clients and the wider public. We believe in empowering our employees and equipping them with the tools and training they need to be effective in their jobs, as well as enabling them to achieve their personal and professional goals. Our people are our strength and we believe passionately in investing in their future.
Read more about working for Southwest Highways on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.