Quantity Surveyor (VN1163)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Whittlesford
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
You would be responsible for managing the costs related (commercial) elements of the highways maintenance contract with Highways England. Your broad aim will be to help get good value for money across high volume, low value contracts whilst still meeting the required quality and regulations.
- Processing of costs on Causeway.
- Processing early warning and compensation events
- Processing of Subcontractor liabilities
- Processing of subcontractor applications for payment
- Manage all aspects of the Depot you are responsible for
- Ensure all work is carried out to correct specification / standard
- To work in-line with the European Foundation of Quality Management (EFQM) Model
- Hold a Degree in Quantity Surveying or RICS (ideal)
- Be conversant with the standard forms of construction contract (NEC)
- Background in highways ideally
- Experience of managing high volume, low value reactive contracts
- Responsible for circa £7m of total contract value
- Hold a full driving licence
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.