Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Cheshunt
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
The Estimator will be responsible for:
• Logging of Tenders in / out of Tender System
• Take off ability using adobe Pro or CAD
• Completing of financial tender documents (Inking-in by hand or electronic transfer of data into Client documents) and tender submission/delivery arrangements
• Scanning and electronic file transfers into the Estimating System
• Tender data analysis in Excel, eg Sub Contractors/ Suppliers rates
• Estimating from first principles
• Understand and produce tender programmes with assistance
• Actively foster positive staff morale.
• Risk analysis of schemes
• Value Engineering and assessment of opportunities to add value to tenders
• Willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of estimating
The Estimator will have;
• Effective communication skills
• Good telephone manner
• PC literacy and / Adobe Pro or CAD
• Organisational skills
• Accuracy/attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Can do attitude
• Experience in highways environment
We are Investors in People accredited We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.