Site Manager (VN2415)
Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Rockbeare
County: South West
Contract Type: Permanent
South West Highways is a regional employer that maintains the friendly feel of a local business. A highway services and construction business with a highly trained workforce, which is our greatest asset, enabling us to operate a self delivery model.. As testament to our success, we have managed two of the longest running highway maintenance and repair contracts in the UK and are entrusted by private and public sector clients to deliver their vision for expanding capacity and improving local services.
As the site manager you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the SWH processes and safe systems of work is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e. from tender handover to final completion.
• Appointing competent duty holders for specific tasks identified in the Health and Safety Plan.
• Ensuring that sufficiently trained personnel are available for the project and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities, engaging with the wider operations team, including the Contracts and Works Manager to identify project specific requirements.
• Manage and monitor all round project performance Manage and monitor all round project performance. Including production of contract and project programmes.
• Producing, reviewing and approving Method statements, Risk Assessment and all other project Health and Safety documentation and other key documents for each project.
• Ensuring Inspection and Test Plans and works procedures are produced to assist with controlling quality.
• Ensuring access to technical information and specification for the project teams.
• Ensuring at contract completion that all records are complete and available.
• Supervising and ensuring the safe, efficient and productive operation of the sites under their control.
• Effective management of all health, safety, environment and quality issues that may arise on the sites under their control.
• Taking an active interest in all aspects of Health and Safety within the company and actively promote and encourage the use of best practice at all times.
• Ensuring that the Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan is being properly adhered to and updated.
• Ensuring that the Site Staff and operatives under their control receive adequate support in obtaining sufficient resources to maintain the Company Health and Safety Management Systems on site.
• Managing site operations, sub-contractors and procedures with due regard to health, safety, environment and quality.
• Ensuring that appropriate Risk Assessments and Method Statements are complete and approved for all on site activities and that these are effectively communicated to the workforce as appropriate.
• Acting on all Health and Safety Information sent to them as appropriate.
• To record all relevant information for the Health and Safety File in a format to enable him to prepare the Health and Safety File at the end of the site works.
The Site Manager will have:
IT literacy and proficient at using - MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Eurovia Group Specific software - Paperless Construction and Aconex
Minimum 5 years within the industry
Dynamic Out of the box problem solver
Keen to work in a growing Civil Engineering Team
Be adaptable and of a positive nature
Have a keen knowledge of NEC/ECC contracts
Working towards ICE membership
We understand that retaining and attracting the right people into our business is fundamental to maintaining the quality of service we provide to our clients and the wider public. We believe in empowering our employees and equipping them with the tools and training they need to be effective in their jobs, as well as enabling them to achieve their personal and professional goals. Our people are our strength and we believe passionately in investing in their future.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.